I received a call last week and was told that I had been referred by my sister for three free spa treatments. My jaw dropped to the ground. I was in shock because I would never expect a free spa treatment just based on a referral. So I asked the lady what the name of her company was again because surely this was a setup and my sister was playing a joke on me. Planet Beach Spa was the name of the company and then I became even more suspicious due to my only knowledge of Planet Beach was as a tanning company.
I agreed to make a visit and set up an appointment for today, November 20, 2015 as a treat to myself for my birthday weekend. I called my sister for some reassurance and she explained to me that they offered much more than tanning services, but they were not a "spa" spa. There was no one there to massage me in my nook and crannies, but they offered a great alternative, a full body massage chair.
Some of the spa services offered by Planet Beach are
- Automated facials - Brighten and harmonize your skin tone with the revolutionary Luminous Facial and notice a softer, more youthful complexion with benefits lasting up to 90 days.
- Slim Capsule* - New and immensely popular service. It's appropriate for anyone who wants to lose weight or reduce cellulite. It also can benefit people with injuries or physical.
- Hyrdo-Derma Fusion* - Revitalize your skin with this ultimate, nutrient-rich, moisture treatment. Designed for deep hydration, this treatment will leave your skin nourished, beautiful and rejuvenated.
- Automated Massages* - At the touch of a button, you will enjoy an effective massage that will relieve stress, decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility. They have both, the HydroMassage & DreamWave Massage.
- Teeth Whitening - Teeth Whitening by Planet Beach is safe, fast, convenient and delivers the five essential elements needed for teeth whitening; Peroxide, Pressure, Light, Heat and Exposure. Pearly whites can be yours in just minutes!
- Saunatox - Saunatox uses far-infrared light to improve blood circulation, soothe muscles, reduce toxins and improve skin tone and texture. it also helps enhance metabolism and burn calories.
On my visit I decided to try the Hydro-Derma Fusion and the full body massage chair. First, let me say that both items were great. I got the hydro-derma fusion treatment first and it was not what I expected, but quite enjoyable and I felt great afterwards. It is what you would expect when you visit to get a tan as you lay down and close the machine down over your body. You face is not covered however. The machine's temperature increased over time until it reaches a temperature of 118 degrees. I wasn't even aware that my body was sweating, but 20 minutes later, I stepped out of the machine and there I was soaking in sweat. It wasn't the EWW kind of sweat though, nor did it smell and I was not sticky or anything. Actually my skin stills feels great and quite moisturized.
On to the full body massage chair I went and boy was I not ready for this. Oh my GAWD, this chair blew my mind right to outer space and back in time to enjoy the head massage. This machine was like the boyfriend you always dreamed about. It massaged my head and body and my hands and feet got in on the action as well. No parts were left out and that's just how I like it. I found myself getting a little besides myself a couple times, but I would say that's normal because that massage GAVE ME LIFE!!! I received 15 minutes of continuous head, back, shoulder, legs, feet and hand massaging. Truth be told, if I could take the machine home or get one for my office, I may not need a man.
Let's not forget the tanning services that they are well known for which include...
- Mystic Spray Tan & Airbrush
- UV Therapy
- Red Light Therapy
Coming in mid December they will begin offering a Hot Box detox and a foot sauna to do hot yoga. I can't do cold yoga or regular yoga for that matter, but if you can and/or up for the challenge then you are the real MVP!
Planet Beach Spa Gulfport is the only location in my great state of Mississippi, but you can locate a spa near you here. My local club works mostly on memberships which are regularly $59/month (unlimited spa & tanning), but has a $49/month special going on until November 30, 2015. If you are not into memberships, they offer their services at $39 a service. Membership is looking better huh?! Also, an added bonus is the staff. They greet you as you walk in and very friendly the entire time. I love when a company has staff that makes you feel at home.
*requires you to strip down or wear under garments (swimsuit) that you don't mind getting wet.
Disclaimer ** I received this service free and am providing my honest opinion about the services received.